I thought of a song by Flight of the Conchords called “Leggy Blonde” when I was doing this workout – hence the name, Leggy Leggy Running Workout. This workout is based around a very familiar track work out that involves running and resting. It’s a great way for newer runners to build endurance or more experienced runners to build speed!
If you care, I’m wearing my Sweat Pink tank, Reebok CrossFit shorts, and Mizuno Wave Sayonara shoes.
Print It or Pin It!
So, to review:
- Run 200 meters and rest for as long as it took you to run. If it took 45 seconds, then take a 45 second break before you run your second 200 meter repeat.
- Increase the number of repeats and/or rounds of the Full Body Finisher to add difficulty.
I always like to add arms and abs on days when I run shorter distances. The standing press can be really challenging, even with light weights. I also love squats for the deeper range of motion I get with my hips.
Don’t let your lack of track give you a heart attack! You can easily map out a 200 meter distance on any street or trail with a GPS watch OR with gmaps-pedometer (watch my video tutorial on how to do this).
Like running workouts?
Check out the Run & Thrive Community!
- Introducing Running Workouts
- Pinterest Board for Running Workouts!
- “Leggy Blonde” Video by Flight of the Conchords