There is SO much, friends. So much going on and I’ve not been able to keep up. There is a lot of I haven’t had time to share and a lot I’ve missed (I have some mad blog reading to do).
So, where to start?
Let’s start with THESE:
If we were hanging out in real life, these would be the FIRST thing you’d notice that is new. I got a free set of these from Amazing Lash. Over 100 lashes individually glued to my real lashes. It’s insane. Here are a list of things about fake lashes I didn’t expect:
- People think I’m fancy. Strange women tell me I’m beautiful and should model.
- They don’t do a great job of keeping water out of my eyes. Shower carefully.
- They catch the wind. I nearly lost my balance running a ridge line trail last week. 😉
- I like feeling glamorous when I roll out of bed in the morning. No make-up required.
- I don’t like not being able to rub my eyes or sleep on my face. Missing the pillow face-plant.
We’re no longer a one car family. Which saddens me. However, I am LOVING the ability to drop groceries in the trunk and be done with it. No more carefully stacking them in the passenger seat of my pick-up! It’s an old, relatively cheap vehicle that we paid cash for. It’s worth it now that I’m working part time outside of the home to have transportation when I need it. Also, J really wanted a 4Runner.
If you asked me what’s new in my life, I’d mention 2 things:
1) I’m a few weeks into leading another women’s group. Stepping Into His Image (Level 2) combines a group workout and then a discussion on training in godliness. It’s a program I’m developing and leading as part of the Women’s Ministry at Mariner’s Church Huntington Beach.
1 Timothy 4:12 (NLT)
Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.
2) I’m still trying to move to Oregon. I’ve been waiting to mention this, hoping for some concrete information to come through, but I’ve interviewed for a position in the Portland area. If I get it, J and I would be moving. Soon.
While I don’t yet know if this opportunity will come through or fall through…it’s very presence does make some things clear. It’s clear we still want to move to Oregon. We feel our future is there. However, it’s also clear that I have a lot invested here in our community and would definitely feel like I was making some big sacrifices for the sake of our long term goals.
Our church is in the middle of a Love Where You Live series and handed out printed geo tags for us to take selfies with. It’s hilarious. They want us to show the world “where we are” and how we are loving our community. The things I’m currently involved in, I enjoy. It’s hard to imagine leaving that behind.
Overall, life is good but exhausting. I’m running more. Blogging less. Very protective of my ‘me time’ and eating way too many cookies.
Moxie has learned how to shake and to go inside our front door when I say “home”.
She’s about 50 lbs now and 7 months old. I absolutely adore her…but she is too smart for her own good. Keeping her tired could easily be a full time job.
What’s new with you?