You’re home. You need to unpack. Your body is exhausted but your mind is swimming with the bajillion things you’re inspired to do and must accomplish right.now. Well, not surprisingly, part of making sure you WIN BIG (or make the most of your time) at BlogFest is how you handle the after. Here are some steps to crushing the follow up and follow through like a boss.
BlogFest is over! Now what?!
1) Make a list.
Hopefully your mind is bending under the weight of all the things you could/should/would do for your blog/business and for your health/fitness. Hopefully you have more ideas than you have time to work on them. Hopefully you’ve come away a bit overwhelmed.
For BlogFest or any conference to really help you, you’ve got to simplify and separate all that you heard this last weekend. I like to condense all my new knowledge gems and convert them into a master TO DO list. This way I make sure I apply what I learned immediately and strategically.
Here are some list making tips:
- When reviewing your notes, mentally separate your new knowledge gems into two categories; what is relevant to you right now and what is just interesting to know. Just because someone shared a GREAT idea that worked for them, doesn’t mean it makes sense for you, or maybe it does, but not right now.
- Take the relevant list and create action items that you can do NOW (small or simple tasks that would take you less than an hour to complete). For example, updating all your social profile images so that they’re uniform. Tackle these simple projects first and give yourself a big ‘ol pat on the back!
- Then revisit the relevant list for action items that take more time/resources/etc to accomplish (like rebranding your site). Set time aside in the future to dig into these bigger projects and start breaking them down into manageable steps.
2) Reach out to your new contacts.
Within the first week after BlogFest, try to reach out to the contacts you made by either sending them a “Great to meet you, let’s work together!” email or maybe giving them a call! Don’t expect to hear back from a brand right away, though. Just know they’ll appreciate the reminder and it’ll make it easier for them to reach out to you when they’re back in the office and ready. Yay for new friends, new opportunities, and an expanded network!
3) Join the BlogFest Top 10 Takeaways Link-up!
Of course you need to share all the awesome things you did/saw/learned on your blog! But where do you even begin?! Start with a simple Top 10 Takeaways post and list your favorite workout, quotes, tips, speakers, product, etc. You can write a Top 10 List quickly and it will help you narrow down what you want to share the most with your readers!
4) Reconnect with the #betruBlogFest Twitter Chat!
SAVE THE DATE! Reconnect with all your new IRL blogger friends on Twitter and STAY MOTIVATED to accomplish your blogging goals! This chat will focus on sharing ideas and comparing notes with all the BlogFest attendees, as well as talking about what you need to do to BE TRU to your personal brand.
5) SPREAD THE INSPIRE FIRE!
This is the most important piece. While you may have returned home exhausted, overwhelmed, and yet giddy, you’ve hopefully also returned home with a renewed sense of purpose and passion for what you do. SHARE THAT with your IN REAL LIFE tribe. Take your big IDEAS and new INSPIRATION in to your next workout, your next work meeting, your next family get together. USE what you’ve learned to ENCOURAGE the people around you. Give them some of that motivation mojo.
Not mentioned above, but equally important, is to take some mental and physical REST. A blogging/fitness conference makes you work ALL your muscles (brain muscles, social muscle, actual physical muscles).
What do you do to unwind after a big conference like this?
How to WIN BIG at BlogFest Part 1 (Things you can do NOW to maximize your opportunities)
How to WIN BIG at BlogFest Part 2 (Snacking and Packing Hacks)
How to WIN BIG at BlogFest Part 3 (While You’re There)
Interview with Jamie King of FitApproach
Interview with Kelli Davis of IDEA World
Interview with Alyse Mason Brill of FitApproach
Meet my BlogFest Buddy Tara