Here’s a little life update. I had zero idea what to title it so…we’re going with the pregnancy timeline thing. A few notes on that before moving on to other things.
- Pregnancy culture is weird.
- I feel like I eat constantly.
- We’ll find out if it’s blue or pink on the 20th!
- I simply can’t be bothered with this baby registry business.
- I’m trying to learn to sleep on my side before the bump gets big but I do not like it.
I love my @INKNBURN long sleeve but not only is my torso longer than the average bear, it’s now bumpier than I’m used too. So consider this a rare bump photo. 16 Weeks. I don’t intend to post photos chronicling the incremental growth of the bump. I do intend to keep posting running and other activities as regularly as possible. I use the Yoga Studio App in my living room. Doc says to keep running and doing yoga so long as it feels comfortable. And it does feel good, but it all feels different. #fitpregnancy #inknburn #yogaathome
J says I’m nesting. I say I’m still trying to get this dang house furnished and decorated before baby comes. After baby, well…it will be what it is. So here are a few things I’ve taken on recently.
- New duvet cover for our bed. I hope to create a cloud-like oasis bedroom feel to encourage peacefulness.
I followed the DIY Tutorial from View Along The Way and sewed two King Sized bed sheets together for this. So it cost me maybe $20 and a few hours of labor. But then we realized our duvet was old and stupid thin so we bought a new one to put inside this cover. Add $100.
- Reviving the family rocking chair. My siblings and I were rocked in this chair as babes. J took it apart 1 year ago to sand down and stain and we’re just now getting new fabric on and putting it back together. Nothing like an impending baby to motivate you to get things done.
- Painting…I know. My baby is going to have two heads.There are many things I can’t stand and blank walls is one of them.
Also, a large painting for the master bedroom in progress. I’ll post finished photos in a week or so when these are all done.
If I don’t get to this before baby, I have this ugly feeling it’ll just never happen. I’m a firm believer that open windows, a handkerchief, and frequent breaks will prevent anything terrible from happening.
BABY ON A BUDGET
Aside from a car seat, diapers, and probably a few other small things I haven’t thought of, we don’t feel the need to buy brand new anything for baby. Still, I’m just dipping my toes in the deep pool of of inner conflict between the “BS marketing and consumer culture” of the baby industry and the very real conviction that “my heart wants the best for my child” and other guilt feelings.
- One used crib that converts to daybed/twin bed head/foot board.
- Two second-hand 49ers onesies from the New To You store in town.
- Several books from a liquidation sale & garage sale store.
But baby (or should I say mommy) does have a brand new $400 Thule jogging stroller because…priorities. Actually…I won this from a giveaway on Mrs Glass Running blog! Thank the running gods!
NOTE: If anyone reading this has used baby clothes you don’t need anymore…let me know.
DOG VS COLD
Oh, my poor puppy child. The daily high temp is eaking toward mid 40’s around here and of course rain because this is Oregon. Moxie is not a cold weather dog.
Poor #MoxieTheRidge. She’s starting to realize that Oregon comes with some cons. But how do you like my new bench?! This was a $40 craigslist find that fits perfectly in my office. I was going to reupholstery it (at the previous owner’s suggestion) but given it’s current use and the fact that I like the color…it’s just fine as it.
Not to worry, though. She has a jacket she sometimes wears. She also gets fireside time every morning. She literally runs from her crate to the fireplace and stands there looking at you like, “Well? Push the magic button that makes it go woosh!”
Have you ever seen a kid throw a tantrum because he/she wanted to watch tv? Imagine that, but it’s Moxie and she’s throwing her blanket around and barking because she wants the fireplace turned on…. And I have a human child on the way. So there’s that.
QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
- Anyone else addicted to Craigslist? I need an intervention.
- MOMS: What is the #1 thing I should put on a baby registry?
- What are your creative outlets?