Okay, now for the latest “Life Lately” where I share…whatever I feel like.
You know, I mostly write these for me – so I can look back and see what I was up too – but I’ve heard some friends/fam actual read these so I’ll try to be a bit more entertaining.
For starters, here is a good “out and a-bump-about” photo.
People now see me and recognize that I’m pregnant. Guess that’s good as I’m 30 weeks along!
With this, I’m expanding what I offer as an online run coach and building more comprehensive training plans for my clients! I’m also going to look into unique ways to incorporate training in my local community toward the end of this year.
Home projects are…always with us. Between being new home owners and the nesting urges, I can’t get enough power tools! I’ve borrowed a planer and belt sander for one project so…let the sawdust fly!
Here are some in-progress pics because images are better than words.
The Coffee Table – Acquired the wood in October. Hope to finish by April. Progressing slowly thanks to the help of our friends at Dawn Cartwright Mosaic Studios. Next steps is to level it, get a base for it and router out a place for the glass.
The Baby Room – I hope to reveal the finished room by month’s end.
I’ve been finding things locally (garage sales and Craigslist type groups), a scrap building supply store and Goodwill. The only brand-new items are the fabric scraps from Joann’s. Lots of work to do in this room.
Guilty Pleasure Project – I love calendars and I love Sharpies. So I took some “me time” to create a personalized yearly wall calendar for my office. I realize it’s already February but whatever. It felt great to draw (who needs to buy an adult coloring book?) and I love having a year at-a-glance (who needs to buy an ugly generic wall calendar?).
A Panda Party
OK, it was actually a baby shower. Either way, it was the highlight of last month. J and I visited loved ones in California for a co-ed shower. It’s been over a year since we’ve seen some of these folks! Also, the party planners did an amazing and perfect job of a panda-themed party! The focus, at my request, was on eats and treats more than games. I dream about these cupcakes.
Still not feeling “committed” to the idea of labor and delivery. It’s like I signed up for a marathon and race day is fast approaching and I’m just…ignoring it. We HAVE been going to a child preparation class that covers all things delivery, newborn, etc. So we got the gist (the timeline, the pain management options, etc). I just don’t really want to think about it too much. But I am weirdly interested in hearing other people’s birth stories now.
A few other comments now that I’m at week 30:
- Can’t tell what’s more intense; the hunger or the fatigue. I eat like I’ve worked out but I have not been able to find the energy to workout. At all.
- I do weird things and later have ZERO recollection of it (like putting brown sugar in my Nuun drawer). The difference is I’m no longer surprised, angry, or embarrassed about it.
- I’m also beginning to be OK with being a little “thrown together” and not always so punctual. I gave someone a gift this week “wrapped” in a Team Luna sport bag with a 3×5 of chicken scratch instead of an actual card. I think this is just the kind of mom I’m going to be.
- Belly button temporarily popped out the other day. Super weird.
- Getting some pinched nerve (sciatica?) in the lower back recently. Reminds me to keep track of my posture and core.
Why not end on adorable? Here are some #MoxieTheRidge photos for you. She’s got pawsonality.