I’m SO excited about this BlogFest Link-up!
If you attended BlogFest 2015, you need to participate because prizes (and community, and knowledge sharing)! If you DIDN’T attend, you can benefit from the knowledge/inspiration at BlogFest by reading everyone’s Top 10 Takeaways below!
Debbie, Natalie and I have shared our Top 10 Takeaways; workouts to try, best moments, best blog tips, inspirational speakers, etc. We’d LOVE to read yours, but if that isn’t incentive enough to participate, we have a prize to giveaway!
BE TRU with Truitt Family Foods
All bloggers who participate in this LinkUp are entered to win a prize from our sponsor, Truitt Family Foods. Truitt strives to BE TRU to their family’s vision of working with local, family farms to bring fresh, natural products to you!
Did you know that their hummus and dippers are being picked up by school districts looking for a way to encourage kids to eat more vegetables? It’s awesome!
BE TRU to your vision for your blog/business
and encourage you to share what inspired you the most at BlogFest and IDEA World. One lucky link-up blogger will win a free pair of custom NIKEiD shoes! WOW.
TOP 10 TAKEAWAYS FROM BLOGFEST 2015
Here are MY top takeaways from BlogFest & IDEA World:
1) It’s time to train!
It’s not surprise motivational speakers at a fitness conference get you pumped to workout, but what Gabby Reece said about women was important for me to hear. We often don’t see ourselves as athletes unless we played a competitive sport. But we are athletes training for life and we can’t keep pushing off our workouts and expect to still win the game. We have to stay healthy and fit for ourselves and for our families. We have to defend, or protect, our training time!
2) The moment when Linzie discovered Canva. I literally witnessed his creative mind leap into a sprint of possibilities. It was awesome. Takeaway here? I should regularly chat with my blogging friends about resources that are working for us. Maybe a weekly hangout is in order?
Jamie & Alyse of Sweatpink gave a great presentation on tips and tricks and mentioned a lot of great apps/websites they find helpful to use. For photos they mentioned SquareSized, PS Express, and Hyperlapse; for getting your content seen they mentioned HARO; and for content management they mentioned Zapier and SumoMe. Then they mentioned Canva, and if you haven’t tried it yet, you need too.
3) STOP WASTING YOUR LIFE!
The IDEA World Keynote Speaker was one Brendon Buchard, a personal development trainer and a force of life. He shared his near death experience and subsequent quest to pinpoint how to help others live their best lives because, well, most of us are NOT living our best lives.
Most of us are living reactionary lives, distracted, apologetic, convenient and waiting to find out if we have a purpose. After studying high performers in every industry, people who have gone to that next level of success, he found that they had 5 things in common that made them different from the masses.
- They have a solid clarity that they can articulate with words about their identity, their intentions for their relationships, and what has made them successful.
- They don’t just have energy, but they know when and how they need to GENERATE energy. They bring their A game every time, no matter what.
- They are MORE productive because they apply their energy better. Instead of spending the first hour of their day reading emails and being REACTIONARY to other people’s agendas, they spend the first part of their day focused on what THEY want to accomplish and being proactive about it!
- They influence responsibly, challenging other people’s character, creativity, and contributions. They know others are watching and they use that opportunity to change how others think, thereby becoming role models.
- They have real courage. Comfortable with risk and vulnerability, they aren’t afraid to get too excited, too expressive and open, or put in too much effort.
4) The #betruBlogFest FUN RUN was a success! Thank you!
Takeaway here? I love planning events. I want to do more things like this.
A peak behind the curtains of my mind: I was nervous that the route & timing of this would be a bit messy, but it all worked out down to the minute! Runners showed up (thank you!), had a good time, and raffling off prizes was a hit! Most importantly, I got to meet and run with some amazing people.
5) It’s about PEOPLE.
Do you want to grow your blog? Business? Succeed at life in general? Moms Little Running Buddy said it best in her presentation about working with brands: Brands are PEOPLE and bloggers would do well to remember that. If you want to work with them you have to build a relationship with them, get to know what they’re passionate about and what they’re trying to accomplish, and see if you can help them.
But it’s not just about BRANDS being people. It’s also about your FELLOW BLOGGERS. While some of us look at each other and think we’re competing for sponsorships and readerships, I think we’ve got to look around us and see a network can all benefit if one of us succeeds. This photo of my roommates for BlogFest this year represents several stolen moments of brainstorming and idea sharing. All four of us are quite similar in what we write about and who reads us, but if we share our successes, we can elevate each other instead of compete with each other.
6) NEW Workout Equipment: Flexline
Many of us did a short 15 minute demo workout in the Expo at Flexline. This frame of resistance pulleys is quite smart! There is a tiny, digital screen that tells you how many pounds of resistance you’re using. Then your HANDLES have a plus and a minus button you can use to adjust up or down AS YOU WORKOUT. So you can quickly move from doing a 30lbs shoulder press to a 15 lb bicep curl without missing a beat. I have no idea if this equipment is meant to be installed in a Flexline studio or for a home gym or what, but it’s cool.
7) Zumba is not supposed to be hard.
I’ve tried Zumba few times in my life, and once I was even told by a woman (in a bragging tone) that our instructor that day was the “hardest one to take”. And I’ve always said I don’t like Zumba. But then we got the opportunity to do Zumba with the man who created it, the very essence and energy of the Zumba movement, “Beto from the ghetto”, as he calls himself.
Following the feet of Beto Perez, I had a blast. During the Q&A afterward he said it IS a shame that so many instructors try to complicate the choreography and feel like they need to impress. He believes it should be simple, fun, and for everyone. Hearing him tell his story, giving a nod to God for his success, and seeing that this man is truly living his purpose…I now have a much better appreciation and understanding for Zumba and Zumba fanatics.
8) Favorite new yogurt: Siggi’s!
We got to hear from the super giant Icelandic (is that right?) creator of this small, but awesome, brand of yogurt. His nickname is Siggi. His real name is unpronounceable by the majority of the world. His yogurt, created out of a love for the memory of his mom’s kitchen, is freakin awesome. Siggi’s is available in most retailers so check it out. BETTER than greek yogurt (which I hate), and they have a whole milk plain yogurt which I will be stocking in mass quantities.
9) Top Tip for Content Creation & SEO Defining your personas (or creating a character, or an avatar, that represents your target audience) is important to make sure your content, keywords, etc. is going to be a continued success. I’ve done this before but now that I’ve rebranded it’s time to redefine my personas. Major thanks to Sara Downey Robinson of MeanestLook.com for her stellar SEO presentation!
10) What’s next for me? Certified Personal Trainer.
Probably the biggest takeaway for me in terms of $$$ and immediate goals going forward was signing up for the NASM CPT self-study program. My books will arrive in a few days and my goal is to be a CPT by the end of the year. By signing up at IDEA World I got a big discount and a swag bag of NASM chachkies.
Also, don’t forget to join us for the #betruBlogFest Twitter Chat for a chance to win ANOTHER awesome prize!
Join the Link-Up!
How To Participate:
- Make sure you read Debbie’s and Natalie’s Top 10!
- Write your Top 10 Takeaways post and include this copy at the top:
“I’m joining Tiffany, Debbie, Natalie and Truitt Family Foods in sharing my Top 10 Takeaways from BlogFest 2015.”
- Insert this image in to your post with a link back here (http://wp.me/p2RAkm-2s4).
- Come back to add your link at the very bottom of this post BEFORE AUGUST 1st and you’ll be entered to win prizes!
- Share your post on social media with hashtag #betruBlogFest!
- Click to Tweet:
LINKUP: #BlogFest Top 10 Takeaways http://wp.me/p2RAkm-2s4 @CoachHenness @CoachDebbieRuns @NatRunsFar @TruittFoods #betruBlogFest