There is one golden nutrition rule that everyone knows but hates; you need to eat a lot of fresh veggies and fruits without adding bad stuff (sugar) to make them taste better! Well, this last week I found out that Jamba Juice is a bunch of tricksters, and then I made Blend Ready Smoothie Jars with fruit they gave me.
Jamba Juice is Tricking People!
On Wednesday, I was invited to hear about Jamba Juice’s new push toward blending fresh, whole foods into their smoothies. Master blender Carol Chen said they want to help people eat more veggies and fruits! Look at all that fresh food they had set out to distract us!
Here comes the trick. Jamba Juice is blending fruits and veggies into tasty smoothies. Like, drinks that actually taste good! I mean, anyone could buy a fresh blended smoothie with spinach in it and drink it as easily as they would a milkshake! They wouldn’t even know they were eating spinach!
We got to sample several different juices and smoothies. As we sipped through our straws, I looked around and saw absolutely no vegetable induced grimaces. There were only “Mmmm” sounds and smiles. Jamba Juice is going to trick people into thinking that veggies and fruits taste good! Okay, so it’s not really a trick. They do taste good…but now everyone will know that!
Oh, did I mention Venus Williams was there and we got to work out with her? I won an outfit from her clothing line Eleven By Venus! More on that later.
Blend Ready Smoothie Jars
At the end of the day, Jamba Juice let us help ourselves to the amazing spread of fresh fruits and vegetables. When I got home I wanted to blend up my own smoothie and, as J & I got into cutting up all the fruit, I had this great idea:
Put the smoothie ingredients into mason jars for quicker blending later! Then pinstagram it! “Pinstagram” is my word for “put an image on all the social media.”
Now, I know I’m not the first person to think of this but… whatever. It was fun and they look brilliant! If you want to make some, I have a few tips for you. If you want actual recipes, see the Related Posts below for gals who really know what they’re doing.
Here are some tips for making your own Blend Ready Smoothie Jars:
- First, take stock of what you have. Get all smoothie-able ingredients out so you don’t forget anything. I nearly forgot the raspberries and blueberries!
- Cut up all the larger fruits/veggies before you stuff the jars. You can fit more in there if things like pineapples or apples are in cut into wedges or chunks.
- Tear up leafy greens. You can cram more kale or chard in this way. After doing my jars, I think it would be better to put leafy greens in at the end, so they sit on top.
- Put different combos of fruits/veggies in each jar for different flavored smoothies.
- Skip the powders/chia seeds/juices. Unless you’re going to blend these up the next day, wait until blend-time to put these in. It’ll help keep the jar easy to dump into the blender and also allow you to adjust flavors by putting more or less in when you blend.
- Take photos and brag to your friends about how smoothie savvy you are!